1. What made you get involved with Shelley and her programme?
I had been following Shelley for years on social media (since I had my little boy who is now 5) but had always convinced myself I could do it myself! My friend, who had had great success with Shelley, gifted me a free place in December when she ran an amazing offer. I was sceptical to start with but within a week of starting I was completely convinced! I’ve never looked back!
2. What are the most enjoyable aspects of the programme?
For me it’s a combination of things! The education about why certain foods are good for you and likewise why others have a negative impact on your health that has been a real key to my success. Understanding the why and not just being told not to eat certain things has helped me to make changes and to stick with the plan. I love the fact there’s no calorie counting, no relentlessly plugging calories into MyFitnessPal and more time to cook from scratch. My kids and husbands love the meals! The plan is so family friendly. My kids love joining in the workouts too! The support from the women in the group and Shelley is genuinely like nothing I’ve experienced before. We are like a family! Women building up women.
3. Would you recommend the Feel Look Be Formula to your friends, have your friends taken part in the programme as a result of your success?
Absolutely, 100%! Everyone NEEDS Shelley in their life’s!
4. Where did you hear about Shelley’s programme?
Answered in question 1.
5. What health improvements have you experienced since starting the programme?
When I joined Shelleys Feel, Look, Be Formula I thought I would get a meal plan and a workout. However, this plan is SO much more!
- Prior to ‘meeting’ Shelley I often felt very anxious. I’d cancel nights out, play dates, lunch, coffee dates with friends. What would I say, what would I wear, would I be able to find the words to hold a conversation?! Outwardly I exuded confidence but that was exhausting!
- I felt tired a lot of the time, fatigue like I had never known. Fast forward 3 months and I laugh because things are funny, not because I know I should!
That is THE greatest thing that I take away from the Feel, Look, Be Formula. It’s the mindset change, it’s the positivity, it’s the get up and go, it’s the I can do it and I will do it approach... it’s the enjoying playing with my children, its being a better version of myself (a mum, a wife, a daughter & a friend). It’s feeling well, feeling happy, feeling energised and positive. The weight loss (10lbs in total), changes to my body shape, increase in muscle mass & drop in fat percentage are also incredible too. I feel amazing in my clothes but I feel great on the inside too!
6. Shelley simplifies the science on so many topics related to female health and well-being, can you give any examples of how this has helped you? Maybe you have a health problem or have been prescribed medication you no longer need?
7. The family friendly aspect of the programme is a big deal for Shelley, can you explain if anything has changed for your family, nutrition? Exercising, spending quality time together?
So much has changed for me! Prior to joining this programme working out and my family life were completely separate. I’d drive 15 miles at the weekend to go to the gym... yes a 30 mile round trip! I’d eat different meals from my husband and my kids. Now a days I’m working out 5 times a week in my house or my garage for 30 minutes (with my kids by my side.) They absolutely love joining in with the Shelley and the girls on the live workouts! We eat our meals now as a family. My husband and the kids eat with me on plan because they love the food. Im loving cooking from scratch!
8. Mindset and mindfulness is an intrinsic component to Shelley’s FLB Formula. Have you experienced a shift mindset can you explain?
Complete 360 degree turn, see above.
9. Did you consider yourself fit before you started the programme? Do you think people need to be fit to start this programme?
I did think I was pretty fit, but I definitely wasn’t using my time in the gym wisely and I certainly wasn’t seeing the changes in my body shape and weight that I wanted. The last time I was this shape and weight I was pre children and was absolutely hammering myself in the gym 6/7 days a week for at least an hour at a time. Since having the kids I’ve had a complete mind block about how I’d ever get my body ‘back’ but I’ve not just got it ‘back’, I’ve now got a better version of myself.
10. Has your fitness improved since starting on the programme?
100%, I’m undoubtedly faster, fitter and stronger! Shelley motivates and encourages but she also teaches technique and educates you on how to carry out the exercises in her workouts. She’s pushed me to be the best I can be & I am so grateful for that as I feel amazing.
11. Do you plan to keep working with Shelley to sustain your progress and stay connected to her work?
Without a doubt! I’m going into my 6th month of working with Shelley online, every month has been unique, I’ve never stopped learning! I just love everything about it!
12. In 5 words, describe what the programme is!